Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Time Out For Women



Sorry for slacking on updates everybody! Life sure does get busy doesn't it?
Last weekend mom had the opportunity to go to TIME OUT FOR WOMEN up in Spokane with Sherri, Kim and I. We had a blast. We were glad mom was able to make it through the weekend. The event usually starts on Friday night and goes all day Saturday. However, this year they had special tickets for the first 400 women to meet in a more intimate group Friday morning to hear from Sheri Dew, Virginia Hinckley Pearce & Wendy Watson Nelson. It was amazing, we cried and laughed and snuggled together. All the things we miss doing with mom..... even though we are all married and grown up now, there is nothing like snuggling and getting a head rub from mom! Hillary Weeks presented on Saturday and performed a few songs as well as a group called Mercy River sang. One of my favorite talks was by Mary Ellen Edmunds. Mom laughed really hard when she spoke. She is a real funny lady and was talking about being a peacemaker. She said sometimes you have to bite your lip and it is really hard to be a peacemaker, sometimes it's so hard you need a PACEmaker. Mom got a kick out of that.
Sherri was here for a week and got to spend some time with mom. She is working on a quilt for her little girl Chelsea and mom could hardly stand to let it sit there. It was done before Sherri left. Kent turned 25 last week so the family got together at Granny's for dinner. We had a good time, everyone of the kids came but Steven who was at school.
As far as updates on moms progress. She is done with her last round of chemo for now. She has gotten through 4, although as a family we would like to see her do 2 more at least. She is having a really hard time believing in herself. She doesn't want to go through two more but we will see. She is thinking about it. She had a CT Scan yesterday (March 17th) and we will have the results back in a few days. I have seen the first CT and this one compared to the first is a whole lot better. The doctors say they can't hear fluid in her lungs anymore and the tumor looks as though it has shrunk. How much? We are not sure. We will find out more hopefully this week. She is also going to Dr. Kristopher Peterson over in Hermiston who is treating her immune system and doing some herbal treatment. She continues to drink her magic tea and eat Dad's cancer concoction so hopefully it is all doing some good.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great pics of you all. So glad you had a good time! I have upcoming sinus surgery on the 27th of March, hoping I get rid of these headaches, ear problems once and for all.

Ro's Lumpy Breast said...

It looks like you guys sorry girls had a good time. It is always nice to take a break and be uplifted. I am sure it was nice for all the girls to be together. I am so excited to hear things are shrinking. I just wanted to say I think you should also do two more rounds. From the little bit I talked with you and the things I have read I think you can make it through two more rounds. I think Dr. Kris will help you through it too. I am so happy you called down there and got in. I hope you enjoy him as much as we do.

I just had my first dose of round 8 after this round I have two more rounds. I am starting to feel it a little more than the first 6 rounds. But I know it is worth it to make sure we get it all and it stays gone. I hope you can find the inner strength to continue fighting. I know your family loves you and so does your Heavenly Father.

Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.

graffamily said...

I goofed up and left a message for you on Feb 25th posting instead of the latest one so look for me! You look wonderful and your girls are still gorgeous images of your wonderful mothering!
Karen Graff