Monday, December 17, 2007

Family and updates



A few weeks ago Mom was able to be with Melanie as she went to the temple to receive her own endowment and get sealed to Chris Cain. It was such a wonderful weekend to be in the temple especially with the news that Mom has cancer. The spirit touched my heart and whispered that all will be well whatever the outcome. I know that seeing Melanie take this step in her life has pleased my parents so much. I'm so thankful that she is in tune with the spirit, its come in handy so many times lately. Melanie is such a go getter and is doing so much to help my mom and Dad. I'm eager for Mel to start her own family so I can love on a baby again but I'm so thankful she is child-free and self-employed. I don't know what we'd do without her.

Mom didn't go to church yesterday. She told me that she feels like she's 9 months pregnant. The tumor is definitely causing stress to her normal body functions as she fills like she doesn't have room to breath and has difficulty eating more than she normally would. We're still waiting for the results from the brain scan and hopefully there will be no cancer to report.

1 comment:

striver said...

Awesome news about Melanie. Very proud of you!! What a great time for your family. We grow in the valleys, not in the peaks of our lives.
Notto