Thursday, December 13, 2007

What we know so far.

I want to first say that I don't know all there is to know about my mom's cancer. I think its safe to say that she doesn't know either. I'm learning that I don't know a fraction of what there is to know what it comes to the workings of our bodies, let alone how cancer works. So, I will try my best and my sister Melanie will probably add more to what I put.

  • There is a tennis ball size tumor underneath my mom's sternum. (breast bone)
  • The tumor has been causing her lungs some stress and fluid has built up because of the irritation of the tumor.
    She's had 5 liters of fluid drained so far.
  • The doctors say that the tumor has come from a different source according to the biopsy report. We don't know what the primary source for the tumor is yet. This is called, "Cancer with an unknown primary".
  • We can't find any other tumors besides the one under her sternum. On Wednesday, a doctor took a look at her esophagus and stomach and couldn't find cancer. The tumor is pushing on the esophagus and causing a small obstruction. This may be why she can't swallow pills very well.
  • On Tuesday, the 18th of December she will begin doing Chemo.

If you have a moment I think that she'd enjoy a personal card or letter to encourage her and let her know you love her. And as always, please keep her in your prayers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave it to your generation to come up with such an innovative solution to a communication problem. Thanks for sharing your talent and skills, Kimi.
Of course we miss you, Chris, at church, but you are never far from our hearts and well-wishes.
Mind the docs.
Love ya
Debbi and Larry

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making this blog. What a good idea. We love Chris a lot and hope this goes smoothly and ends well.
Ginger

striver said...

Chris,
You know you were my second Mom for years and I've had my ear to the ground ever since I heard of your situation. I fasted for you yesterday and asked the Lord that you would be blessed in your search for answers to this dilemma and that you'd be given strength to overcome it. I will come see you during the holidays. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.
Notto

Anonymous said...

This is such a neat idea! WE all love Chris, ty for all you have done for me and my family. Yes you are constantly in our prayers! Love the songs on here, they bring back so many memories.
Always in my thoughts,
Love, Barb

Kim said...

Yea!!! Comments. Keep 'em coming. You gals and gents are wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

keep the updates coming this is great! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Your whole family has been in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for keeping me in the loop. I love all of you!

Anonymous said...

Grandma I love you so much and I know you have the strength to overcome this trial. Your outlook and positive attitude on life inspire me to live in such a way. I pray for you every night and hope you know how much I love you.

Love always and forever,
Kelsie-Lu