Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thank you all for your support and comments on this blog that Kim has set up. It is a good way to keep in touch. I'm taking one day at a time and every day is a new adventure. I'm trying to prepare myself when my hair falls out. Melanie gave me this poem from the cancer center. I thought it was a good way to look at a bad situation.
Today's Attitude!
There once was a woman that woke up one morning,
Looked in the mirror, and noticed that she had only three hairs on her head.
"Well," she said, "I think I'll braid my hair today."
So she did and she had a wonderful day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror
And saw that she had only two hairs on her head.
"H-M-M," she said, "I think I'll part my hair down the middle today."
So she did and she had a grand day.
The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror
And noticed she had only one hair on her head.
"Well," she said, "today I'm going to wear my hair in a pony tail,."
So she did and she had a fun, fun day.
The next day she woke up and looked in the mirror
and noticed that there wasn't a single hair on her head.
"YEAH!" she exclaimed,
"I don't have to fix my hair today!"

Attitude is everything. So I best be changing my attitude.

My outlook is changing as I have started the chemo. It is hard but I feel that I will beat this! Bob and I are planning a trip to Vancouver for a fishing trip in early summer. I have quilts to make and genealogy to research. I would hope that I will be more compassionate of others and their trials and be able to bring comfort to others. I have had many examples of angels around me that bring me much love and comfort. Thank you for your fasting, your prayers and many meals and thoughtful gifts. I have been so blessed. I know my Heavenly Father loves me because of the many friends he has given me to bless me at this time. Thank you all for your encouraging words and thoughts. I love hearing from you. Goodnight. I think I'd better get to bed. Love, Chris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chris, it was nice to see a blurb from you. We all learn from our trials hmm what are you to learn?? I remember when my moms hair fell out, but then guess what it came in wavier she didnt have to worry bout curling it anymore or wearing a wig which she did for years. A cute little bandana looks nice too! This site is not only healing for you but for all who will come and read and listen to this music, I come and turn on the music and go and check other mail, I just love it! You are continually in my thoughts and prayers!

Kim said...

Mom,
The more and more and think about you the more I continue to marvel at the woman you are and what you've done for me. I was wrapping doll clothes the other day for Whitney. The memory flashed in my mind of getting hand made doll clothes from you for our barbies. And of coarse all the clothes that you lovingly made for me. I still feel bad that I didn't want to wear some of them. I hope you know now just how much your sacrifice meant to me. Your love has made me the woman I am today. Isn't that something? I love you so much.

I think us girls should plan another girl trip. What do you say? Mt. Rainer again!!! I'll bring the hot tamales!!!!

Abby said...

Hi Kim's mom,
I met Kim online just a little while ago. I hope that I won't be intruding here. I want to say what I think you already know. When you see someone you love, you look at their eyes. That's where you see their soul and the wonderful things that you love. Your eyes will be the same through all of this. They may be tired. They may not want to smile, but they will still be the same. Your eyes. When your family looks at you, that's what they'll see. Your beautiful eyes. And they will be incredibly grateful (I'm sobbing because I know this is true) for each and every day, each moment, that they have to look into your beautiful eyes, and find your loving soul there. Hair grows back, it's the time you can't get back. Time is the only thing that matters to anyone now, and you will have that to give them, one day at a time.