Friday, August 15, 2008

Really Close

The hospice nurse came out this morning to take moms vitals. She has had a dropped in blood pressure. It has been about 160-180 over 100 or so and it dropped to 118/78. She has been pretty restless and has been out of it since yesterday morning. She will talk a little bit but it is usually half mumbled and short 1-3 word comments. She has been fidgeting and wants to sit up then lay down and back and forth. She got up around 5 this morning wanting to use the potty. Kim, Sherri, Dad and I were all at the house. Kim was out in the front room on the couch and she helped her get to the commode. When she got back in bed she had a hard time breathing so we gave her more morphine and the rest of her usual morning meds. She has been resting. We have all been thinking that she would pass this weekend sometime. She told us earlier in the week that she wanted to make it to Saturday. (To make it more convenient for us, which is totally mom). Our Aunt Christy (dads sis) will be here Monday and moms sister Wanda has been on vacation so she says.... I don't want to mess up every ones plans. Ha Ha, mom is always worried about all of us. She keeps asking what day it is and looking at her watch to check the time. We keep threatening to take it away. That is really all the updates I have for now. We did get all her pictures scanned and into the computer, we converted old slides to digital and Kim burned it to a dvd. We are trying to plan where to have the viewing the night before the funeral because the Hillcrest place we wanted is booked the night before. We can do it earlier in the day that day or Thursday's night. But if we do it Friday night the only place we can do it is in Pasco and I don't want it there. I don't like that part of pasco particularly and Hillcrest is super nice and classy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moms selfless people, My mom did the same thing what time is it, I figured that she felt that close spirit coming to get her, and knew it was close. I couldnt believe when you said Mom what can I do for you, and she said in return what can I do for you, I know you need to go to work, it was like oh my gosh!! My heart goes out to you. Death is not easy but I have learned so much, no doubt we have a loving Heavenly Father, and Mother.