Sunday, August 17, 2008

She is still going!


All I have to say is that my mom is one little trooper. I can't believe that she is so strong. She doesn't give up easy that is for sure. She has had severe restlessness and anxiety. She woke up several times last night wanting up. She puts her hands out and asks,"Up, Up!" She is getting ready to pass because she is still trying to get up and go. That is one of the signs that things are getting closer. We have increased her dosage of morphine by quite a bit and have been trying to get her to relax and be sedated so she isn't scared. My husband and dad gave her a blessing this morning she slept for a while after. She was just up again recently, we drained her (225 ml) and then she went potty in the commode by the bed. The on call hospice nurse came today and visited with us. Moms blood pressure is still strong 126 over 70 or 80 something (still pretty strong). Her respiration's are around 20 per minute which is still pretty stable. They are expected to get higher in numbers and more shallow, then drop down a bit before passing. The nurse says she has the strength do go a few more days if she wanted to. Last night she kept asking for her purse and was confused about where she was. Hopefully we can get her agitation under control. Dad and I promised her she would pass peacefully and would not be scared about not being able to breath. Please pray that she may be allowed to pass peacefully and to be free of anxiety.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is what I have been praying that she can endure what she is put through and be able to go peaceful with loved ones there. My favorite saying "And this too shall pass", days go on and life goes on no matter how hard it may be. Find comfort in memories! LOve you lots!

Anonymous said...

Melanie, Thank you for sharing this heartfelt information about your sweet mother...it can't be easy for you to write about this...and as difficult as it is to read, I'm grateful that you are keeping us informed - you are all in my thoughts and prayers. What a blessing and comfort to know that "Families Can Be Together Forever".
With Love,
Marlene Inglima

Anonymous said...

Sandy Holiday shared your blogspot with me. I knew Chris when she lived in Milton-Freewater many years ago. She dated my brother, and we adored her. The Carvers were close friends also, Virginia was my good friend.
I am so sorry Chris has suffered so. I pray for her and her family. I lost my mother last summer, and my Dad 6 years before. They were always there for me, and I wanted to be there for them, and was greatful to be able to.
I will pass this along to my family members who remember Chris. We have many fond memories of her.
God Bless you.
Debi Lee Dana
Salem, Oregon