Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Wig Shopping

Saturdday mom had an appointment with a gal ofver at Franki & Co. to look at wigs and get fitted and so on.I met my mom at at the salon to help her pick out a wig. I was hoping she would do it before she lost all her hair so she wouldn't be so sad when she had to go later. It was pretty fun actually. She tried on some funky styles, a really curly one and a silverish white one. I loved this particular one myself. I told her that she looked like she was a sexy 40 year old! I think I embarrassed her a little but she was brave and wore it home to show my dad. I told her to wear it to church and get every one's opinion, that way she could decide while she still had real hair on her head. The lady at the salon had some little headbands and scarfs so I put this polka dot one on her because it was so stinkin cute. I love it! She looks so dang cute. Hopefully she will stick with this one. She has an appointment on Thursday to get it cut if she decides she wants it. If not, she can pick a different one and chose another color or whatever. She had a port put in on Monday and is a little sore but other than that she is doing good. Her hair started coming out in clumps this week. She cried this morning. She was washing her hair in the sink and she said gobs were coming out. She came to my office this afternoon and we were able to put her recipe book together for all 7 of the kids to have their very own CARVER COOKBOOK. We spend all afternoon copying pages and putting them in protector sheets. She took a little nap in one of the massage rooms and was ready to go again in a half hour! She did awesome. I am so proud of her.
Doesn't she look good in this picture? She has lost around 15 pounds since the start of chemo.
One hot mamma!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris, your hair looks really cute, I do love the band! keep it!

Anonymous said...

This is an adorable photo!! My kids are still talking about the last visit that we had 2 years ago. The quilt is absolutly geogeous!! You have a wonderful family! --Julie Bicandi Spencer

Anonymous said...

Lookin good momma!